We live in a very fast paced society, where it seems that very few take the time to stop and “smell the roses”.
do you set the instructions off to the side and just forge ahead without the directions?
I am one of those people that read the instructions as I am putting the item together. My late husband was just the opposite. His outlook was it is not rocket science so why should he read the directions. Let it be said that he muttered under his breath and at times quite loudly when he had to take something apart because it was not going together properly.
It seems as though the majority of the people just forge ahead without reading the instructions, and this is where things can go …oh…so….wrong.
Here are some basic fundamentals that you need to be aware of when you start using Young Living Essential Oils.
- ALWAYS test each new essential oil or blend before you begin using the new oil.
To test an oil, place 1 drop of the oil on the inside of your upper arm. If after 5 to 30 minutes, the area becomes red and/or very sensitive, then immediately dilute the area with pure vegetable oil or Young Living V-6 Vegetable Oil. Once the area has been diluted, then wash the area with soap and water. Washing the area first will just enhance the irritation to the skin.
The reason to test each new oil is that our cosmetics, soaps, lotions, personal items, etc. contain chemicals that can stay in the tissue cells for days or weeks. The essential oils are reacting to these chemicals.
Some chemicals to avoid:
…aluminum, petrochemicals or other synthetic ingredients (these are found in cosmetics, skin products, personal items)
…sodium laurel sulfate, propylene glycol or lead acetate (these are found in shampoo, mouthwash, toothpaste, and soaps)
…synthetic chemicals (these are found in perms, hair colors, hair sprays, gels)
…toxic chemicals or solvents (there are found in garden sprays, paints, detergents, cleansers)
- If the skin becomes red, you can safely put the oil(s) on the bottom of your feet
- When applying oil(s) topically, you can put them anywhere on the body EXCEPT in the eyes or in the ears. Oils will ruin your contacts and oils are NEVER dripped into the ear canal.
- “HOT” Essential Oils need to be dilute and they are:
….PanAway….Relieve It….Exodus II….
Some people can tolerate the use of these “hot”oils undiluted. Until you understand how your body is going to react to the oils, always play it safe.
- Essential Oils should be kept out of the reach of children. Children need to be taught how to safely use the oils. If a child or infant swallows an essential oil, do the following:
Seek immediate emergency medical attention, if necessary
Give the child milk, cream, yogurt, or another safe oil-soluble liquid to drink
When you follow the above safety steps, you will be truly amazed at how wonderful and beneficial essential oils can be.