12 Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil can be used for many things, such as hot flashes, headache relief, heartburn relief, and soothing digestion. Peppermint is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion.
A few ways you can use Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Rubbing 1-2 drops on your abdomen can help increase the movement of waste products through your colon.
- Adding 1 drop to your herbal tea may help in the aid of digestion and relieve heartburn
- Rubbing 2-4 drops on the injured area may help to reduce inflammation. Do not apply Peppermint to an open wound or cut.
- Rubbing 2-4 drops around the injured area may help to soothe and reduce pain.
- Rubbing 1-2 drops on your temples, forehead, back of head and neck may give some relief to your headache.
- Rubbing 1-2 drops on your temples, back of your neck and feet may give you some relief from hot flashes. (When I would experience a hot flash, I would rub 2 drops on the back of my neck and it quickly cooled my hot flash.)
- Rubbing 1 drop on each foot my help to lower a fever.
- Place 2 drops on a cotton ball and place on the floor at the point of entry to deter mice, ants, or cockroaches. (I used the following to keep ants and cockroaches out of my home: In a glass spray bottle, fill with 1 cup of water and add 3-6 drops. Shake well. Spray along door jams and facing, along the door threshold, baseboards, windows or any other point of entry. I sprayed the areas 2-3 times a week.)
- Add 1 15 ml bottle of Peppermint Oil to 1 gallon of paint to dispel the paint fumes.
- Place one drop on your hands, rub hands together, and inhale the scent to help improve alertness, concentration and recall.
- Add 1 drop to a cotton swab and swab the Tick. Once the Tick’s head pulls away from the skin, remove the Tick
- Add 2-4 drops to a foot bath to sooth sore feet.
With the above uses, hopefully you can come up with some of your own uses for Peppermint Essential Oil. Have fun finding new ways to use Peppermint Essential Oil!